I prefer baking than cooking, simply because baking is much easier, you just have to add all the ingredients and toss em in the oven! But its been a while since I last baked a cake though. I prefer simple dish like bread pudding, baked potato and all the recipes that dont require more than 10 ingredients ;p
I was buying some groceries the other day and saw a pack of blueberries. I thought hey why dont I just buy it first and think what to do with it later. this is so typical me, and i always end up buying stuff and end up throwing in the dustbin. :p
So here's the recipe for the easy blueberry croissant puff.
3 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle with blueberries.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. 4. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes.
4. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
5. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Variation: Instead of baking in a square pan bake individually. Place croissant pieces evenly in 10 (1/2-cup) ramekins; sprinkle with blueberries and pour cream cheese mixture evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center and golden brown.
Tadaaa! You may also serve with vanilla sauce, honey or evaporated milk. Selamat mencuba!