Sunday, 11 May 2014

Mothers' Day Treat for Mak at VillaManja Spa

I have always wanted a good massage since I've been having quite a backache and everything sore lately - this is what you/I have to bear for being pregnant at 30+ years of age. So kids, if you want to have kids, get married fast and dont wait til you're 30 so your body would be able to bear all the pregnancy and labour pain. Sekian pesanan penaja.

cantik!!
Anyhoo, 2 weeks ago I was googling few spas and stumbled onto VillaManja's page. I didn't do much research though, coz I have been wanting to pamper myself before i give birth next month. (a girl always has to justify everything she does, right?). To my dismay there was no slot available on that particular weekend and I immediately booked the weekend after (Sunday, 11 May). I forgot to ask the lady's name who picked up the phone but she was extremely friendly. Lets call her Madam X. I wanted to ask mak to accompany me so I signed up for a package for two for RM300.  So Madam X confirmed my booking and said "Just in time for Mothers' Day yea?". I reluctantly said "Yeah!" coz I didn't know that Mothers' Day falls on every second Sunday of May. (teruk btol).

can you spot my mom? hehe
So the day finally came. Its an old bungalow at Jalan Damai, the same stretch with the previous Al-Rawsha restaurant. You can tell that its an old establishment judging from the 'outside look' but once you step in the ambience is really warm and welcoming. We were greeted by Madam X - again, I forgot to ask her name hehe. She brought us hot ginger tea with red dates and mak loved it. I just sipped a bit coz I find the taste too strong.

We then got up to our room upstairs. I was so amazed with the ambience - dim lights with therapeutic smell - very cozy and relaxing. There were 2 single beds in the room and we got to wear sarong and later soak our feet into a bowl of warm water. Aaaaaahh how relaxing. But I was so busy taking pictures so I only managed to soak my feet for a minute or two haha.

nice and cozy ambience :")
our room, its actually much darker u can fall asleep instantly


The session went about for an hour with some Balinese music in the background. I chat a bit with the masseuse - a Malay lady about 40 years of age who works on a part-time basis there. Shes as friendly as Madam X. Mak didn't chat at all with her masseuse - she must have enjoyed herself to the max! Hehe.

We got down to the hall and Madam X served us bananas, sandwiches and hot tea. What a hospitality! Mom looked happy and I was obviously happy too seeing my mom happy! Target achieved! Maybe we would give VillaManja Spa a visit again in the future for the good service and the nice ambience. I strongly recommend this spa to all ladies - you can also host your bachelorette parties/private sessions with your girlfriends or even corporate events with reasonable rates.

after-spa-contented-smile hehe

after spa snacks
mak and mak buyung :D
By the way, Happy Mothers' Day to all moms, including me :p Thank you Kekta and Kokna for sharing the treat, though nothing in this world would suffice to repay what mak has showered us.

Book your session now ladies :)
Villa 41, Jalan Damai, Off Jalan Tun Razak,
55000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan,
Malaysia
Tel: +6 (03) 2161 5418
Fax: +6 (03) 2161 5417

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I actually added your blog to my favorites list and look forward to get the same quality content every time I visit your blog. Thanks a lot.Nikky Bawa Spa Treat indore


    ReplyDelete